Database Administrator (DBA), SQL Server
nLIGHT is a rapidly growing publicly listed company (NASDAQ: LASR). nLIGHT is a global leader in high-power semiconductor and fiber lasers for industrial, microfabrication, aerospace, and defense applications. Headquartered in Vancouver, WA, nLIGHT employs over 1,000 people with operations in the U.S., China, and Finland.
Use your passion for data and data technologies to evaluate, design, implement and maintain database applications. This includes involvement with design reviews, systems testing and data modeling on complex projects. This position will report to the Director of Information Technology. The successful candidate will be comfortable and qualified to operate with minimal supervision and make independent decisions.
- Perform complex database maintenance and design activities, which may require extensive research and analysis. This includes performing design, implementation and maintenance of database applications.
- Assist with, builds and Support Reporting built in PowerBI and SSRS.
- Work with functional department teams to define and implement solutions that meet new data warehousing requirements.
- Participate in project design meetings as well as design reviews, system testing and data. modeling for complex development projects. Works directly with technical project manager, web developers, system administrators. During peak periods of development also works with external consultants and technology partners to support and enhance existing applications.
- Perform complex bug verification, troubleshooting, release testing and deep support for assigned projects, researching problems. Develop solutions to the problems.
- Fine tune database configurations to improve performance.
- Troubleshoot & resolve Database performance issues to meet SLAs.
- Automate database maintenance tasks and routines.
- Conduct unit testing and integration testing for functionality and limits.
- BS degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
- The ability and skill to evaluate, design, implement and maintain complex database applications as described as normally obtained through a minimum 3 years of experience in database development with specific experience in Microsoft SQL Server and related package and procedure development.
- Experience should include active assistance in the design, development and launch of three or more full life-cycle projects as well as experience with database modeling and design.
- Knowledge of best practices in the areas of application design, performance, scalability and maintainability is also required.
- Excellent analytical and design skills at multiple product level. Good skills in research and analysis, project planning and implementation.
- Excellent understanding of entire development process, including specification, documentation and quality assurance. An awareness of business issues as they impact overall project plans is necessary.
- Thorough technical knowledge in database development methodologies, design and implementation and basic database administration skills/experience (procedures for change control, test and production release) is required. Proven success in creatively developing database applications that support business goals is also required.
- Excellent teamwork skills and demonstrated ability to collaborate in a positive, productive manner with team development efforts, actively contributing to shared source and source code control. Good communication (both written and oral) and interpersonal skills are required. A strong customer service orientation is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to the changing demands of business is a must.
- Proficiency with business and communications software (preferably Word, Excel, PowerPoint, common Windows operating systems, and Outlook) is required. A strong, hands-on technical knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server is also required.
nLIGHT is subject to US Export Control regulations. To qualify for this position, a Foreign Person (that is, not a US Citizen or legal Permanent Resident) must be eligible for a deemed export license under the US Department of Commerce and/or the US Department of State.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or age. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please see these government posters: “EEO is the Law” and its accompanying temporary supplement. If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, please contact Human Resources at (360) 566-4460 or Hr@nlight.net. Apply for this position