Sr. MOCVD Engineer
The Sr. MOCVD is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the MOCVD reactors and assessment tools either directly or through the work of operators/technicians. This role is responsible for ensuring that the quality of materials produced by the MOCVD tools meets the required specifications.
- Support government and internally funded research and development efforts by developing innovative and leading-edge MOCVD processes
- Propose, design experiments and implement MOCVD process capability enhancements for next generation products
- Sustain, optimize, and trouble-shoot production MOCVD wafer processes for manufacturing high power semiconductor lasers
- Identify and lead opportunities for continuous yield, throughput and cycle-time improvements
- Establish control of manufacturing processes through SPC
- Create documentation of processes and procedures for ISO certification
- Write technical and scientific reports and present results in internal and external forums
- Effectively lead and mentor operators, technicians and engineers in MOCVD techniques and methodologies
- Participate with management team to establish strategic plans and objectives for MOCVD technology
- Ideal candidate will have 5+ years of development and manufacturing experience in III/V semiconductor MOCVD technology.
- Advanced Degree in Engineering, Physics, Materials or Chemistry required. PhD preferred.
- Strong background in Solid State Physics, Semiconductor Device Physics, Epitaxial Processes and Materials Science.
- Extensive, hands-on experience in development/production MOCVD technology.
- Broad knowledge of and experience with materials characterization techniques including but not limited to AES, SIMS, EDX, PL, ECV, XRD, SEM, TEM, AFM, I-V and C-V measurements.
- Excellent analytic, organizational, leadership, and communication skills.
- Ability to clearly and effectively summarize and present results.
- Self-motivated and a strong team player.
- Demonstrated ability to do failure and root cause analysis and find effective solutions.
- Capability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
nLIGHT is a rapidly growing vertically integrated supplier of high-performance lasers that enable innovation in materials processing, defense, and medical applications. nLIGHT develops and manufactures direct diode and fiber lasers based on industry-leading semiconductor laser and optical fiber technology. nLIGHT is headquartered in Vancouver, Washington with additional sites in North America, Europe, and Asia. We're committed to working together to deliver breakthrough solutions that help innovate and meet our customers' needs.
nLIGHT is subject to US Export Control regulations. To qualify for this position, a Foreign Person (that is, not a US Citizen or legal Permanent Resident) must be eligible for a deemed export license under the US Department of Commerce and/or the US Department of State.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including protected veterans and people with disabilities. For more information, please see the EEO is the Law poster from the Federal Government: Apply for this position