Shipping and Receiving Supervisor
Shipping and Receiving Supervisor
nLIGHT is a rapidly growing vertically integrated supplier of high-performance lasers that enable innovation in materials processing, microelectronics and defense applications. nLIGHT develops and manufactures fiber lasers based on industry-leading semiconductor laser and optical fiber technology. nLIGHT is headquartered in Vancouver, Washington with additional sites in North America, Asia and Europe. nLIGHT lasers are not only changing the way things are made, but what can be made.
The Shipping and Receiving Supervisor develops and leads the shipping and receiving team through dynamic change as nLIGHT’s business grows. Ensure the department’s daily, monthly, goals and key success indicators are achieved. This person will report to the Sr. Manufacturing Manager.
- Ensure daily/weekly work is scheduled to meet output expectations.
- Ensure compliance with all import and export control processes and procedures.
- Ensure adherence to and compliance with inventory accuracy and cycle count requirements, including the coverage and accuracy requirements to avoid Year End Physical inventories.
- Act as main point of contact with Manufacturing, QA and Supply Chain.
- Embrace and oversee effectiveness of Kanban system for item consumption tracking.
- Maintain and embrace 5S system, reviewing audit reports and coordinating implementation of corrective actions
- Look for opportunities to reduce 7 wastes and make recommendations.
- Performance management of up to two Material Handlers including employee development and training and possibly hiring.
- Effectively interact with all levels of the organization to meet or exceed the needs of the nLIGHT organization.
- Provide key support for Defense industry related customers having specific shipping documentation requirements and be able to meet some basic background clearance requirements for access to web-based customer product shipment portals.
- Provide some local purchasing support functions to meet needs of cleanroom consumables, garments and MRO as well as Supply Chain backup or expanded support as needed. Role holder will have direct responsibility for a corporate credit card for some small and routine purchases.
- Act as a key point of contact for one of nLIGHT’s facilities, teaming with other facilities in regard to Logistics and Shipping/Receiving topics and methods.
- Role requires primary function support of Material Handling Clerks, to include physical manipulating of small to medium sized boxes or crates. Bending, lifting 25-50lbs, standing for long periods at a work station, and other motions common in a shipping and receiving area which is environmentally controlled.
- 3+ years’ experience in logistics and warehouse management with a strong safety focus.
- Associates Degree in supply chain or relevant experience preferred
- Experience working with government regulations highly preferred.
- Proven track record in receiving, warehouse management.
- Demonstrated competence in leading and managing first line personnel
- Competence in industry-standard inventory management principles/best practices (FIFO, Cycle-Counting, Shelf-life/expiration date practices, Batch control)
- Effective verbal and written communicator as a supplier of excellence to nLIGHT’s external customers and the internal customers of Production, Engineering, Purchasing and Planning functions, striving for strong business process standards and a positive customer experience, every time.
- Demonstrated change maker as a positive influencer of best methods practices and development of same.
- Competent user of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Familiarity of Microsoft AX Dynamix or Dynamix 365 is preferred as ERP system software of record.
nLIGHT is subject to US Export Control regulations. To qualify for this position, a Foreign Person (that is, not a US Citizen or legal Permanent Resident) must be eligible for a deemed export license under the US Department of Commerce and/or the US Department of State as an ITAR regulated supplier of products.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or age. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please see these government posters: “EEO is the Law” and its accompanying temporary supplement. If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, please contact Human Resources at (360) 566-4460 or Hr@nlight.net.. Apply for this position