Manufacturing Operator- DAY SHIFT- Hillsboro, OR
Join the nLIGHT Phototonics Laser Division located in Hillsboro, Oregon and work with a high performance team in a growing industry! Produce world class, high performance lasers and components as part of a manufacturing team. Receive Manufacturing Operator on-the-job training to perform hands-on production tasks, including: electromechanical assembly, handling, splicing, and assembly of optical fibers, operation, and maintaining accurate production reports.
- Support device manufacturing in various “hands on” production tasks including but not limited to: inspection, wire bonding, fiber lensing, soldering, electromechanical assembly and packaging.
- Work a minimum of 8 hours in a clean room environment, wearing clean room garments (smock, hair covering, booties, gloves, and safety glasses)
- Position may require using a microscope.
- Position may require handling acids and solvents for long periods of time.
- Position requires extended periods of standing
- Operation of test equipment with active lasers.
About nLIGHTnLIGHT is a pre-IPO manufacturer of high-power solid-state lasers for industrial, defense, medical and consumer applications. With state-of-the-art design and production facilities in Vancouver, WA, Hillsboro, OR, China and Finland, nLIGHT is a leader in key growth markets. nLIGHT has received numerous awards and acclaim for its growth, leadership, and innovation.nLIGHT is subject to US Export Control regulations. To qualify for this position, a Foreign Person (that is, not a US Citizen or legal Permanent Resident) must be eligible for a deemed export license under the US Department of Commerce and/or the US Department of State.nLIGHT is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in its workforce. Equal Opportunity Employer, including protected veterans and people with disabilities. For more information, please see the EEO is the Law poster from the federal government:dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf Apply for this position
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment handling delicate components a plus
- Ability to work in a team and production environment
- Ability to be flexible and adapt with changing work assignments
- Proven ability and willingness to learn; seek out development activities to improve skills and increase knowledge; learn from other team members
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Proficiency in written and spoken English for safety, training and documentation purposes
- Ability to maintain on-time and excellent attendance
- Good manual dexterity
- Good eye-hand coordination
- Comfortable using computers for data entry
- Committed to working safely