IT Data Analyst
nLIGHT is seeking an experienced IT Data Analyst to join our team at our headquarters located in Vancouver, Washington. The Data Analyst position is responsible for all elements involved with the design, development, testing, implementation, and maintenance of data reporting systems and tools. This role will be charged with architecting the data warehouse and enterprise reporting structure and will take multiple diverse data sources and combine them to fulfill the company standard and ad-hoc reporting requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain a sustainable and extensible data warehouse reporting environment.
- Interface directly with key business representatives to gather and define reporting needs.
- Design and develop data security control structure.
- Develop and run a variety of ad-hoc and standard reports.
- Determine and implement report delivery mechanisms.
- Troubleshoot and resolve data issues.
- Create and maintain both end-user and IT department documentation.
- Train others in the use of pre-defined reports and ad-hoc reporting.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in experience.
- 7+ years of IT industry experience with a minimum of 2 years of related experience designing and developing data warehouse solutions, SQL database design and Microsoft SQL server.
- Experience with Microsoft Power BI is preferred. Strong technical background in database administration and development is a must.
- Strong understanding of database structures, design, and reporting techniques required. Fluent in the creation of complex reports, scripts, and stored procedures.
- Analytical ability to gather and interpret requirements and then utilize those requirements to develop, recommend and implement reporting solutions.
- Must display good verbal and written communication skills. Have the ability to work directly with business users and software vendors on problems and projects. Ability to communicate complex technical issues clearly and effectively to any audience.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
nLIGHT is a rapidly growing vertically integrated supplier of high-performance lasers that enable innovation in materials processing, microelectronics and defense applications. nLIGHT develops and manufactures fiber lasers based on industry-leading semiconductor laser and optical fiber technology. nLIGHT is headquartered in Vancouver, Washington with additional sites in North America, Europe, and Asia.
We're committed to working together to deliver breakthrough solutions that help our customers innovate and grow. nLIGHT is subject to US Export Control regulations. To qualify for this position, a Foreign Person (that is, not a US Citizen or legal Permanent Resident) must be eligible for a deemed export license under the US Department of Commerce and/or the US Department of State.
nLIGHT is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including protected veterans and people with disabilities. For more information, please see the EEO is the Law poster from the federal government: dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf Apply for this position