Wafer FAB Equipment Engineer
nLIGHT is seeking an excellent Equipment Engineer to join our Engineering team at our headquarters located in Vancouver, Washington.
The Equipment Engineer is responsible for the overall availability and performance of assigned equipment within the wafer fab operation. This includes but is not limited to equipment availability, Mean Time to Repair (MTTR), Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF), and cost of ownership. The purpose of the Equipment Engineering job is also to ensure that product moves smoothly through the factory uninhibited by issues that could have something to do with equipment performance.
- Analysis of specific equipment failures and recommendations for modification/repair
- Create Preventive Maintenance documents based upon equipment performance and failure analysis
- Determine the root cause of complex problems and recommend modifications
- Analyze failures and determine order quantities for essential spare parts
- Analyze equipment parameters and schedule corrective action
- Supervise/execute the repair of equipment and ensure repairs are properly completed
- Repair equipment and complete PM’s in situations where technicians are unavailable or the repair requires a complex and unique solution.
- Design maintenance programs which will be used to improve tool availability and reduce cost of ownership.
- Define and write equipment specifications and work instructions for assigned equipment set.
- Evaluate and recommend the selection of new process equipment.
- Manage/recommend new tool installations, modifications and upgrades to existing tools.
- Assist maintenance technicians troubleshooting critical down tools.
- Mentor, train, and direct maintenance technicians.
- Establish and maintain spare part Bill of Materials (BOMs) for assigned equipment.
- Solve complex technical problems in a timely manner such that schedule (production or development) are maintained.
- Develop a consensus among all appropriate groups before implementing new procedures.
- Evaluate, select and qualify new process equipment.
- Participate as a member of the ERT (Emergency Response Team)
- Bachelor degree or 5 years Equipment Engineering experience.
- Solid background working as a sustaining equipment engineer in a manufacturing environment. Experience with HV, UHV thin film deposition equipment or MOCVD, electrical trouble-shooting at component level desirable.
- US Citizenship or Permanent Residency Required
- Project leadership, organizational, and communication skills.
- Strong computer skills to include Word, Excel.
nLIGHT is subject to US Export Control regulations. To qualify for this position, a Foreign Person (that is, not a US Citizen or legal Permanent Resident) must be eligible for a deemed export license under the US Department of Commerce and/or the US Department of State.
nLIGHT is a rapidly growing vertically integrated supplier of high-performance lasers that enable innovation in materials processing, defense, and medical applications. nLIGHT develops and manufactures direct diode and fiber lasers based on industry-leading semiconductor laser and optical fiber technology. nLIGHT is headquartered in Vancouver, Washington with additional sites in North America, Europe, and Asia. We're committed to working together to deliver breakthrough solutions that help innovate and grow our customers' needs. Apply for this position