Sr. Shipping Clerk
nLIGHT is a rapidly growing publicly listed company (NASDAQ: LASR). nLIGHT is a global leader in high-power semiconductor and fiber lasers for industrial, microfabrication, aerospace, and defense applications. Headquartered in Vancouver, WA, nLIGHT employs over 1,000 people with operations in the U.S., China, and Finland.
The Shipping Clerk is responsible for the physical and clerical tasks associated with shipments. Responsibilities include ensuring the daily processing of shipments through ERP, working with Sales Administration, Planning, Scheduling and Accounting to reconcile inventories and outbound shipments while working along with the warehouse team. This position is also responsible for maintaining accurate records for shipments, processing internal requests and coordinating with warehouse associates daily workflow to fulfill sales orders.
Essential Duties & Job Responsibilities
- Works closely with supply chain, sales and quality teams to insure the correct and prompt shipment of goods following established procedures.
- Communicates to supply chain and sales administration promptly and accurately any discrepancies, overages, shortages, additions or adjustments to shipments.
- Responsible to process outbound orders thru ERP.
- Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meets customer requirements
- Responsible for updating shipments thru ERP system on a timely manner
- Works with inventory control to ensure accuracy of Raw, ingredients and Finished goods inventory by reporting inventory discrepancies
- Maintains daily order tracker for outbound orders
- Performs inventory cycle counts regularly and when tasked
- Documents and reports of any damaged product by using proper forms and turning into Inventory Control in a timely manner
- Ensures all product is shipped using correct stock rotation
- Generate Daily Reports for Outbound Shipments to Accounting, Customer Service, Inventory Control and Senior Management
- Verification of all BOL’s / POD’s and other warehouse documents
- Request all materials for shipping and prepares boxes with appropriate labels for shipment as required
- Review open customer orders, create pick worksheets on an as needed basis to efficiently meet the customer shipping schedule and satisfy the requested ship dates
- Maintain status of staged orders by logging orders and material movement; notifying production planning
- Inspects skids assembled by operators for compliance to carrier rules and regulations.
- Ensures all internal shipping requests are documented properly by the initiator before scheduling shipments.
- Perform other warehouse activities as directed by Manager/Supervisor/Lead
- 2 -- 4 years’ experience in a Shipping/Receiving role preferred
- 1 – 2 years’ experience working in material handling role.
- Experience working with an ERP/MRP System (AX preferred)
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, for resolving issues with internal customers
- Experience using online production tools for tracking inventory (i.e. FedEx, UPS)
- Proficient in the use of MS Office software and web browsers.
- Experience with ISO 9001:2000 requirements is preferred
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- The ideal candidate is a self-starter who possesses a positive attitude and enjoys working in a team environment.
nLIGHT is subject to US Export Control regulations. To qualify for this position, a Foreign Person (that is, not a US Citizen or legal Permanent Resident) must be eligible for a deemed export license under the US Department of Commerce and/or the US Department of State.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or age. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please see these government posters: “EEO is the Law” and its accompanying temporary supplement. If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, please contact Human Resources at (360) 566-4460 or Hr@nlight.net. Apply for this position