Sr Manager of Planning
Our Senior Manager of Planning will be responsible for leading the production planning group to effectively create and maintain an efficient production schedule that meets customer requirements while minimizing cycle times and effectively utilizing inventory.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Manage and coordinate planning and production scheduling of all international operations, including production in the United States, Asia and Europe
- Insure consistent and best practices within the Planning and Scheduling disciplines throughout the entire organization
- Review and participate in the installation of a new ERP/MRP system, including system requirements and system parameters.
- Review and recommend a secondary system for S&OP and capacity simulation purposes.
- Oversee and mentor the Planning Group to ensure a high level of proficiency and development.
- Create a Master Production Schedule while maintaining targeted inventory levels.
- Ensure a consistent handoff of planning information to production via the Material/Production Planner(s).
- Maintain a capacity requirements plan that supports the master production schedule.
- Identify and manage bottlenecks and capacity issues with the Production Management team, co-ordinate internally and externally the resolution of the issues.
- Establish and monitor ERP system parameters, including safety stock levels for finished goods and raw material inventories in support of the S&OP process.
- Lead weekly/monthly Master Production Schedule meetings.
- Review and action exception messages as required.
- Lead the development of scheduling tools to increase the level of automation and reduce the manual nature of the Scheduling function.
- Provide guidance and expertise to develop plant team knowledge relative to plant schedule optimization.
- Work with Senior Managers and Sales to reserve capacity as necessary for specific jobs.
- Create weekly/monthly reports and KPIs.
- Maintain a high standard of professional knowledge, ethics and practices when dealing with customers, suppliers, peers, subordinates, supervisors and other key stakeholders of the company.
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner that reflects integrity and respect towards customers, suppliers, peers, subordinates, supervisors and other key stakeholders of the company.
- Other responsibilities and accountabilities as assigned by the Director of Global Supply Chain and/or the Chief Operations Office.
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, engineering, manufacturing operations, business administration, or operations management or equivalent manufacturing experience, MBA a plus.
- 5+ years of experience as a planner material or production planner and/or scheduler
- 5+ years of recent materials or SCM management experience
- Certification by NAPM or APIS preferred
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Excel
- Advanced MRP/MRPII experience required, recent implementation experience a plus
nLIGHT is subject to US Export Control regulations. To qualify for this position, a Foreign Person (that is, not a US Citizen or legal Permanent Resident) must be eligible for a deemed export license under the US Department of Commerce and/or the US Department of State.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or age. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please see these government posters: “EEO is the Law” and its accompanying temporary supplement. If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, please contact Human Resources at (360) 566-4460 or Hr@nlight.net.
nLIGHT is a rapidly growing vertically integrated supplier of high-performance lasers that enable innovation in materials processing, microelectronics and defense applications. nLIGHT develops and manufactures fiber lasers based on industry-leading semiconductor laser and optical fiber technology. nLIGHT is headquartered in Vancouver, Washington with additional sites in North America, Asia and Europe. nLIGHT lasers are not only changing the way things are made, but what can be made.
Apply for this position