Technical Writer- ContractContract Technical Writer
nLIGHT is a rapidly growing vertically integrated supplier of high-performance lasers that enable innovation in materials processing, microelectronics and defense applications. nLIGHT develops and manufactures fiber lasers based on industry-leading semiconductor laser and optical fiber technology. nLIGHT is headquartered in Vancouver, Washington with additional sites in North America, Asia and Europe. nLIGHT lasers are not only changing the way things are made, but what can be made.Job Summary
nLIGHT is seeking a contract Technical Writer to develop, modify, and maintain a variety of important technical content, including: journal articles and whitepapers, website content, product datasheets, user manuals, service manuals, training, and manufacturing documents. This position will be responsible for translating complicated information effectively by working with cross functional teams and subject matter experts to provide meaningful content that serves vital product details to a variety of end users. This content will primarily be developed in Framemaker.
At nLIGHT, we work in a fast-paced, technology-rich business environment, and as a technical writer you will use your ability to grasp technical concepts and work closely with sales, marketing, and engineering organizations to increase brand awareness and promote our products across multiple channels.Key Responsibilities
- Write, publish, organize and maintain high quality customer facing content for easy comprehension
- Create materials that are understandable for a variety of unique audiences, such as technical, business, and manufacturing teams
- Adjust and re-purpose content for each channel to achieve greatest impact: ads, social media, manuals, manufacturing instructions, etc
- Deliver quality content on-time and consistent with corporate brand and style standards
- Work closely with various internal teams to communicate, collaborate, and manage priorities of multiple simultaneous projects
- Propose structural and organizational improvements to documentation practices
- Interview subject matter experts and key engineering disciplines to generate clear and concise content
- Be eager to learn nLIGHT’s technology, products, value proposition, markets, and applications
- Bachelor’s degree exhibiting both strong analytical and writing skills
- Minimum 5 years in related role in technology-oriented organizations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with emphasis on copy editing
- Able to demonstrate a record of project management and organizational skill, with meticulous attention to detail
- Proficiency with Framemaker and MS Office software is required. Familiarity with creative programs such as Illustrator, Photoshop is a plus.
nLIGHT is subject to US Export Control regulations. To qualify for this position, a Foreign Person (that is, not a US Citizen or legal Permanent Resident) must be eligible for a deemed export license under the US Department of Commerce and/or the US Department of State.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or age. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please see these government posters: “EEO is the Law” and its accompanying temporary supplement. If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, please contact Human Resources at (360) 566-4460 or Hr@nlight.net. Apply for this position