nLIGHT is seeking an experienced Process Engineer to join our Manufacturing Engineering team located in Vancouver, Washington.
The Process Engineer will enable next generation of diode lasers through process development and supporting transition from concept to high volume manufacturing. Drive continuous improvement activities in a manufacturing environment of released products, support production as appropriate and coordinate effectively with a wide range of cross functional groups.
- Demonstrate ability of process development and improvement from conception to completion.
- Support transition of new products from prototype to volume production utilizing DFSS and DFM.
- Work towards continuous improvement opportunities and yield metrics utilizing wide variety of analytical techniques (such as SPC, DOE, Gauge R&R), lean manufacturing and six sigma concepts
- Support manufacturing of released processes and products including generating BOMs and routers, documenting work instructions and support training of personnel.
- Evaluate, procure, and qualify new manufacturing equipment and tools.
- Collaborate daily activities of engineering technicians
- BS or higher in Engineering (Physics, Material, Optical, Electrical, Chemical and Mechanical) or exceptional industrial experience in closely related technologies.
- Two years of recent experience in semiconductor laser packaging and backend processes.
- Familiarity with semiconductor laser physics and fabrication processes.
- Technical understanding of full range of laser packaging materials, material interactions, processes, dominant failure mechanisms and analytical techniques
- Hands on working experience with optical fibers, laser diodes, optics and precision opto-mechanical systems and tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills allowing for effective communication in to work with cross functional & multi-site teams.
- Experience with mechanical drawings, basic tooling and fixture design.
- Knowledge of statistical analysis and design of experiment.
nLIGHT is subject to US Export Control regulations. To qualify for this position, a Foreign Person (that is, not a US Citizen or legal Permanent Resident) must be eligible for a deemed export license under the US Department of Commerce and/or the US Department of State.
nLIGHT is a rapidly growing vertically integrated supplier of high-performance lasers that enable innovation in materials processing, defense, and medical applications. nLIGHT develops and manufactures direct diode and fiber lasers based on industry-leading semiconductor laser and optical fiber technology. nLIGHT is headquartered in Vancouver, Washington with additional sites in North America, Europe, and Asia. We're committed to working together to deliver breakthrough solutions that help innovate and grow our customers' needs. Apply for this position