Equipment Engineering Technician- Swing Shift
nLIGHT is a rapidly growing vertically integrated supplier of high-performance lasers that enable innovation in materials processing, microelectronics and defense applications. nLIGHT develops and manufactures fiber lasers based on industry-leading semiconductor laser and optical fiber technology. nLIGHT is headquartered in Vancouver, Washington with additional sites in North America, Asia and Europe. nLIGHT lasers are not only changing the way things are made, but what can be made.
Process equipment maintenance to support Operations at our Hillsboro facility on Swing Shift and enable next generation components and systems related to semiconductor diodes lasers, optics and fiber coupled devices. Effect continuous improvement activities related to released products, support Production as appropriate and coordinate effectively with a wide range of cross functional groups.
- Reporting to Engineering, act as first line of defense in troubleshooting equipment and process issues, routine data collection and effective communication of status and solutions
- Help define, and then execute routine process equipment maintenance and calibration
- Work collaboratively with process engineering to manage specific processes, and assist in defining and executing continuous process improvements with a focus on projects that reduce PM or tool down durations, improve safety/ergonomics, and reduce tool interrupts
- Leadership in support, training and certification of Production Personnel, especially for tasks related to safety, equipment health, and cleanliness
- Support implementation of process and BOM changes on the line
- Lead by example in eliminating Process Engineering from Production’s critical path
- Drive continuous improvement opportunities utilizing wide variety of analytical techniques (such as SPC, DOE, Gage R&R), lean manufacturing and six sigma concepts.
- Monitor facility environment and process gas systems and respond to correct alarms or production requests when required.
- + 5 years professional work experience in volume Production environment working with electronics, semiconductor equipment or opto-mechanical assemblies.
- Associates Degree in Electronics, Electrical, Mechanical, or exceptional Industrial/Military experience in closely related technologies. Degree in Laser or optics technology is preferred.
- Meticulous attention to detail, highly organized and self-motivated.
- Experience with the following processes and equipment is preferred: die attach/bonding, wire/ribbon bonding, vacuum solder reflow ovens, optical fiber alignment, hermetic seam sealing, solder and epoxies, electro-optical, electro-pneumatic and pressurized gas systems.
- Strong record of problem solving, implementing robust processes and systems.
- Experience with new product introduction and product lifecycle process.
- Experience with electronic schematics, mechanical drawings, basic tooling and fixture design.
- Knowledge and understanding of optics, fibers, laser diodes and test equipment is highly preferred.
- Preferred certifications include Six Sigma Green Belt, IPC J-STD-001 for soldering, and Training Within Industry (TWI)
- Ability to work extended periods of standing or sitting. Capable of lifting 50lbs. Capable of climbing and working from ladders when required.
- Ability to work a minimum of 8 hours in a clean room environment wearing clean room garments.
nLIGHT is subject to US Export Control regulations. To qualify for this position, a Foreign Person (that is, not a US Citizen or legal Permanent Resident) must be eligible for a deemed export license under the US Department of Commerce and/or the US Department of State.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or age. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please see these government posters: “EEO is the Law” and its accompanying temporary supplement. If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, please contact Human Resources at (360) 566-4460 or Hr@nlight.net. Apply for this position