Logistics Warehouse and Inventory Manager
nLIGHT is a rapidly growing vertically integrated supplier of high-performance lasers that enable innovation in materials processing, microelectronics and defense applications. nLIGHT develops and manufactures fiber lasers based on industry-leading semiconductor laser and optical fiber technology. nLIGHT is headquartered in Vancouver, Washington with additional sites in North America, Asia and Europe. nLIGHT lasers are not only changing the way things are made, but what can be made.
nLIGHT is seeking an experienced Logistics Manager to develop and lead the logistic and warehouse team through dynamic change as nLIGHT’s business grows. This role will ensure the department’s daily, monthly, goals and key success indicators are achieved. This position is located at our headquarters in Vancouver, WA.
- Design, develop and implement best practices in support of the Corporate warehousing, inventory and logistics strategy as defined by the Director of Supply Chain
- Develop and oversee a process to effectively manage international shipping activity (in bound and out bound) including Customs, duties(including drawbacks), tariffs, inland charges, bonded locations as well as Government Regulations and nLight Policy
- Direct all carrier activity for freight movement (in bound and out bound) ensuring all shipping documentation is correct, accurate and in accordance to nLight Policies.
- Establish and maintaining Work Instructions for the activities of the department including ongoing training of all personnel
- Develop, implement and monitor a set of key metrics to measure the capability, performance and improvement of the organization
- Define and implement an employee development and training program to evaluate and elevate the capability of the department staff
- Systematically manage the warehouse and inventory control processes of the warehouse including auditing, cycle counting, and physical inventory.
- Define physical facility, personnel and systematic needs based on defined strategy
- Provide support to all nLight internal customers including manufacturing, engineering, quality, product development, etc. as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, supply chain management, logistics, related field or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years proven successful Logistics and Warehousing experience.
- Ability to define, develop and implement process improvements with systems and staff.
- Experience working with International Partners/Suppliers and Carriers is required.
- Ability to effectively interface with carriers suppliers and customs brokers.
- Must have experience and working knowledge of ERP/MRP system based management, Microsoft Dynamics AX is current system.
- Experience in using Microsoft products including Office, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to lead local and remote staff and participate in cross functional project teams.
- Able to sit and work at computer for long periods of time.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
- Forklift and/or Material Handling equipment experience is a plus.
nLIGHT is subject to US Export Control regulations. To qualify for this position, a Foreign Person (that is, not a US Citizen or legal Permanent Resident) must be eligible for a deemed export license under the US Department of Commerce and/or the US Department of State.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or age. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please see these government posters: “EEO is the Law” and its accompanying temporary supplement. If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, please contact Human Resources at (360) 566-4460 or Hr@nlight.net. Apply for this position