Join the nLIGHT team and be part of a rapidly growing high-performance company!
Oversee facilities management for our Vancouver campus, including several on-site electronic component assembly and semiconductor operations. This position is responsible for the organization and supervision of maintenance and repair of all buildings, grounds, and machinery, with expanded role opportunities within site selection expansion projects.
We are looking for a highly motivated leader and manager with a proven track record of overseeing facilities management including modification and onsite/offsite expansion projects.
- Facilities Management for Vancouver site including headquarters and several manufacturing operations.
- Manage operation of plant systems as a content expert of control systems and equipment.
- Oversee facilities construction planning and general contracting of projects related to cleanrooms, HVAC, Ultrapure water, Fire/Life Safety Systems, Cryogenic and chemical delivery/waste systems.
- Develop or improve specifications and business systems of accountability relating to equipment and utilities to ensure operations are within federal, state, and local regulations, interfacing with local governing bodies or suppliers as needed.
- Oversee repair and preventative maintenance of facilities and equipment.
- Partner with Senior Managers from various departments to provide engineering and technical oversight.
- Manage daily facility operations and resolve any escalated issues.
- Establish new maintenance strategies and procedures to improve operating efficiencies.
- Forecast and manage operational budget and schedule for major facility modifications, expansion, including cost of contract labor, equipment and materials.
- Plan and coordinate with senior management stakeholders, staff and maintenance regarding campus space allocation, equipment and furniture layout for continued growth.
- Lead LEAN, 5-S, and continuous improvement activities.
- Train, develop and manage Facilities team members to achieve their highest potential.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or related field.
- 5+ year’s supervisor experience preferable in semiconductor industry.
- Six Sigma Certification preferred
- Lean Principles skills preferred
- Knowledge of Wonderware plant facilities monitoring system preferred
- Experience managing large scale projects including site modifications and expansions highly desired.
- Strong leadership and relation building skills a must.
- Strong budgeting and cost management skills as a demonstrated leader.
- Ability to both perform and mentor routine maintenance procedures on plant facilities systems.
- Minimal travel required to our Shanghai, China facility for cross team best methods development or improvement.
- Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service.
- Ability to communicate effectively (in both written and oral form) with employees of various backgrounds, education, and national origin.
- Ability to prepare and if required, present complex project updates to senior management, including C-Level executives.
- Ability to investigate and lead solutions to manufacturing constraint issues.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Become ERT certified as part of Facilities Engineering team.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite products.
- Support development or improvement of existing business system methods/documentation as a key member of an ISO 9001:2015 certified organization.
nLIGHT is subject to US Export Control regulations. To qualify for this position, a Foreign Person (that is, not a US Citizen or legal Permanent Resident) must be eligible for a deemed export license under the US Department of Commerce and/or the US Department of State.
nLIGHT is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including protected veterans and people with disabilities. For more information, please see the EEO is the Law poster from the federal government: dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and Poster Supplement dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
nLIGHT is a rapidly growing vertically integrated supplier of high-performance lasers that enable innovation in materials processing, microelectronics and defense applications. nLIGHT develops and manufactures fiber lasers based on industry-leading semiconductor laser and optical fiber technology. nLIGHT is headquartered in Vancouver, Washington with additional sites in North America, Asia and Europe. nLIGHT lasers are not only changing the way things are made, but what can be made. Apply for this position